Monday, March 7, 2011

We're going camping now!

I have believed 3 things about how I want to raise my family.

1. We will always have a dog. (Right now doesn't count. We miss you Roscoe and wish you could be with us!)

2. We will always have a real, live, pine-needles-falling-on-the-floor Christmas tree.

3. We will going camping. In a tent.

I was raised camping with my brothers on family vacations and those are some of my fondest memories of being a kid and being with my parents and brothers. There is magic in smelling like smoke and hearing the noises of the night surround you as you fall asleep laughing and talking with your siblings. My absolute favorite sound is the zipper of my parents 60-year old army tent. And the smell of that old musty air fills me with joy!

Pure magic.

So guess what we are doing Wednesday night? That's right. Camping!

We are going for one night only with the students up to a beach about 1 hour away. The students went a couple of months ago for a week on their mission trip but I didn't want to deal with Breckyn for that long in those conditions. But this is the perfect opportunity. One night. At the beach. Can not wait!


Stay tuned for pics!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, camping. Good times. I still have a scar from one camping trip.

    ReplyDelete