Friday, September 24, 2010

surprise ending

Not watching TV has given me more time to read which is one of the things I have told myself I didn't have time for because of having a baby to care for. Turns out, there IS time, I just must have been using it for unproductive things.

A trilogy called Mark of the Lion was recommended to me by Lisa and I picked the first book up several days ago. I couldn't put it down, it was that good! I was determined to finish it last night as I laid in bed. It was around 11:00 and Steve was watching a movie in another room. Finally, 500 pages later and emotionally spent, I was finished! I put the book down for just a second and then wondering when it was published, I picked it back up to flip to the front page. Then there on the front page were two black eyes, four legs and a tail staring at me! A gecko was hanging on the inside flap of my book! I yelped and threw the book across the room!

How long had he been there?! The whole time I was reading? It was like an HOUR! Was he waiting til I put the book down to jump in? He was IN MY BED! I mean, since we've been here, I have seen a dozen of them crawling outside AND inside. But I thought they'd try to avoid me.

I looked at the book which was now sprawled on the floor, pages bent. I held my breath and eased open the cover. He was still there...but he looked flattened! I was horrified! I killed the gecko! I choked back tears and ran to get Steve. He was kind enough to hold me and calm me down. He left his movie to come deal with the situation.

Turns out, Gecko was just stunned. Steve let him go.

I'm just happy I am not the reason the third largest insurance company is without it's spokesperson.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post!!! If you remember back to our trip to the Dominican when there was a lizard in our room in my bed and you didn't want me to kill it....ha ha you wanted to save it's life :)

    ReplyDelete