Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cali

We have been running like crazy people since the moment we landed in California. This is the first minute I have had to sit down and tell you what we have been up to. The flight with Breckyn was as perfect as I could have hoped for. Thanks to Elisabeth, who is 7 months pregnant and considered "disabled", we were able to get the front seat with extra space and Breckyn played on the floor with her toys for most of the flight. I was super jazzed! Thanks to all who were praying for that. I was anxious about a screaming baby.

We spent the first night in the Pasadena area and then got up the next morning for a 5 hour drive to Crowley Lake, which is a tiny town tucked into the mountains near Mamouth Lake which is near Yosemite. I finally got to meet Tom and Heidi Lonsdale and their family. They are an amazing couple and I am really looking forward to working with them and spending more time with them in Mazatlan.

Steve and I fell in love with the people of Crowley and the "chill-ness" of it all. It was both competely relaxing AND cold as it got down into the 40's at night. We stayed with a great couple, Tommy and Windser Czeschin and their two adorable kids. We were given a friend's RV to call our own for the weekend but didn't realize it had heat for the first 2 nights so the 3 of us slept huddled together for warmth. I think I thought it was more fun than Steve did!

Crowley is an absolutely beautiful area and thankfully our schedule allowed us to stay an extra day to visit nearby Yosemite National Park (pictures to come later). And the Czeschin's were kind enough to allow us to take over their home for another day. I really hope we are able to stay in touch with them as their hospitality and genuineness made a huge mark on us.

We drove back down to the Los Angeles area on Tuesday and Steve and I continued on to Huntington Beach to spend some time with my aunt Barb. Steve and Justin have made several great contacts with area churches in hopes of recruiting more students for the program and it seemed like a couple more people were interested in jumping on board with us!

Pray for the guys as they are driving through Mexico on Sunday and it takes about 12-14 hours to get through from the Nogales border to Mazatlan. I will post a new entry as soon as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment